If you’re looking for a top-notch digital microscope that won’t disappoint, Celestron is the brand for you. With a vast selection of models, this brand has something to offer for everyone, whether you’re a professional in the scientific field or just a curious hobbyist.
One of the standout features of Celestron digital microscopes is their versatility. These microscopes can be used for an extensive range of applications, including biology, botany, geology, and even forensic science. Their advanced digital imaging technology lets users view specimens with exceptional detail and clarity, making research and discovery a breeze.
Another advantage of Celestron microscopes is their ease of use. Even beginners can operate these microscopes in no time, thanks to intuitive controls and a user-friendly interface. Plus, the range of magnification options enables users to customize their viewing experience to suit their needs.
Overall, Celestron digital microscopes are an excellent choice for anyone in the market for a high-quality and reliable microscope. With their versatility, ease of use, and advanced imaging technology, they are perfect for hobbyists and professionals alike. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to discover the wonders of the microscopic world with Celestron.
Let’s take a look at some of Celestron’s best-selling digital microscopes:
Table of Contents
What is a digital microscope?
A digital microscope is a microscope that uses a digital camera to capture images of specimens and display them on a computer screen or other digital device. These powerful tools that have applications in many fields, including research, education, and industry. Hobbyists also use digital microscopes in their pursuits, including coin collecting and soldering.
Digital microscopes have revolutionized the way we view and analyze specimens, making it possible to view specimens in great detail and share images with others.
Celestron Flipview LCD Portable Microscope Review
The Celestron Flipview 5MP LCD Portable Microscope is a game-changer when it comes to portable microscopy.
This handheld digital microscope is equipped with a 3-inch full-color TFT LCD screen that flips out and rotates 270 degrees, providing clear and detailed images of your specimens.
With its versatile ergonomic design, you can use this LCD microscope in three ways: handheld, on a flat surface with a flip-out leg, or with the included metal stand and ¼-20 connection.
Let’s take a look at the notable features of the Celestron Flipview microscope:
Celestron Flipview features
The Celestron Flipview 5MP LCD Portable Microscope has a range of features that make it a must-have for any microscopy enthusiast. Some of its key features include:
- 3-inch full-color TFT LCD screen
- 10x to 120x magnification (up to 300x on PC)
- Ring of 8 adjustable LEDs for perfect illumination
- PC software and a USB cable for connecting to your Apple or Windows computer
- 5 MP sensor and 5-element IR cut lens configuration
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- On-board MicroSD card slot
- Multiple-positional design for comfortable and easy use
- Flip out leg for placement on a smooth surface
- Barrel focus wheel for easy and precise magnification
Advantages of the Celestron Flipview
The Celestron Flipview microscope has a lot of advantages that make it stand out in the world of portable microscopes. Here are a few of the advantages of the Flipview:
- Portability: The Flipview microscope is designed to be portable and built to bring you amazingly clear images of your specimens. Its compact design makes it easy to carry around and use wherever a digital microscope may be needed.
- High-quality imaging: The 5MP sensor, 5-element lens configuration, and full-color LCD screen ensure a clear, detailed image. A ring of 8 adjustable LEDs provides plenty of illumination for your shot, making it easy to see the tiniest details of your specimens.
- Multiple-positional design: The ergonomically designed Flipview microscope is easy to use with one hand, making it perfect for fieldwork. Its flip-out leg allows you to place it on any smooth surface, while the ¼ bolt insert allows for mounting on a tripod or the included metal stand.
- Magnification range: With a magnification range of 10x to 120x, and up to 300x on a PC, the Flipview microscope is versatile enough to be used for a wide range of applications. You can use it to view anything from beach sand to bugs, coins and currency, documents, circuit boards, and more.
- Rechargeable battery: The Flipview microscope is equipped with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides up to 2.5 hours of continuous use. This means that you can take it out into the field or use it in the classroom without having to worry about finding an electrical outlet.
- Micro SD card slot: The on-board MicroSD card slot allows you to save videos and high-resolution images for uploading to your computer later. This is perfect for use outdoors or away from the lab.
Disadvantages of the Celestron Flipview
While the Celestron Flipview microscope has many advantages, there are some disadvantages that you should be aware of before making your purchase. Here are a few of its shortcomings:
Poor dynamic range: Some users have reported that the imaging chip has poor dynamic range, making it hard to see details unless the lighting is right on. The lighting can be prone to glare, which can be a problem in certain lighting conditions.
Short battery life: Some users have complained that the 2.5 hours of battery life of the microscope may be unsatisfactory in some conditions.
Magnification range of the Celestron Flipview
The Flipview microscope provides magnification from 10x to 120x, which is adequate for most purposes.
However, when connected to a computer, the Flipview can attain a magnification of up to 300x. This microscope’s magnification is sufficient for most people, but if you need a higher magnification, you may want to consider another model.
Celestron Flipview price
The Flipview handheld microscope is an excellent value at its price range. The microscope is priced at around $150, making it an affordable option for those who want a high-quality portable digital microscope.
For a microscope of this caliber, the price is reasonable, and you get an excellent return on your investment.
Despite a few drawbacks, including poor dynamic range and battery life, the Flipview Portable Microscope is an exceptional option for anyone looking for a high-quality, portable digital microscope.
Its magnification range and price point make it a versatile and affordable choice for students, professionals, and hobbyists alike.
Celestron Tetraview LCD Digital Microscope Review
As a professional researcher or a hobbyist, the Celestron Tetraview LCD Digital Microscope is an excellent choice for viewing cellular specimens on slides.
This microscope is designed with advanced features, including a touchscreen LCD, adjustable LED illumination, 5MP CMOS sensor, and a 2GB SD card for storing your photos and videos. Moreover, it comes with four fully achromatic lens objectives, a fully mechanical stage, coarse and fine focus knobs, and a filter wheel/diaphragm.
Celestron Tetraview features
- The Celestron Tetraview LCD Digital Microscope is packed with advanced features, including a 4.3″ LCD touchscreen that is rotatable up to 180°, making it easy to share with others.
- It also has a built-in 5MP CMOS digital camera that allows you to capture high-resolution images and videos of your specimen slides.
- The Tetraview microscope comes with four fully achromatic objective lenses: 4x, 10x, 20x, and 40x, providing magnification ranges from 40x to 400x (up to 1600x with digital zoom).
- The LED bottom illumination is adjustable, ensuring that you get the best image quality possible, while the filter wheel/diaphragm allows you to control the amount of light that passes through your specimen.
Advantages of the Celestron Tetraview
- The Celestron Tetraview LCD Digital Microscope is a great tool for labs, schools, scientific research, and more. It’s designed to provide high-quality images and videos of specimen slides, making it ideal for researchers, students, and hobbyists alike.
- One of the biggest advantages of this microscope is its 4.3″ TFT full-color touch screen. It’s user-friendly and easy to navigate, allowing you to adjust the settings quickly and easily. The LED illumination is adjustable, which ensures that you get the best image quality possible.
- The fully mechanical stage is also an advantage as it ensures smooth movement when adjusting your slides.
Disadvantages of the Celestron Tetraview
- The Celestron Tetraview LCD Digital Microscope is an excellent tool; however, it has a few disadvantages.
- The first disadvantage is its price. Compared to other microscopes in the market, it’s a bit on the expensive side.
- Secondly, it’s relatively heavy compared to other microscopes. This could make it challenging to transport, especially if you need to move it frequently.
- Finally, it doesn’t come with a battery. You have to purchase it separately if you want to use the microscope without the need for a power source.
Magnification range of the Celestron Tetraview
The Tetraview provides magnification ranges from 40x to 400x with a digital zoom up to 1600x.
Celestron Tetraview price
The Celestron TetraView LCD Digital Microscope is on the expensive side, with a price range of around $400 to $500.
However, considering its advanced features, including the fully mechanical stage, adjustable LED illumination, and 5MP CMOS sensor, it’s a worthwhile investment for professional researchers, students, and hobbyists.
The Celestron TetraView LCD Digital Microscope is a professional-level microscope with advanced features, making it ideal for labs, schools, scientific research, and more.
The Tetraview comes with an intuitive full-color touch screen, adjustable LED illumination, and four powerful lenses, making it easy to capture high-quality images and videos of specimen slides.
While this digital microscope has a few disadvantages like price, weight, and the lack of a battery, the benefits outweigh them all.
Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope Pro Review
The Handheld Digital Pro Microscope is a high-quality digital microscope that connects directly to your computer via USB, allowing you to view and record amazing microscopic images.
This versatile USB microscope is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems and comes with Celestron Micro Capture Pro software, which allows you to capture still images, videos, and time-lapse videos of your specimens.
With a true 5MP sensor and a 5-element IR cut high-quality glass lens, this microscope captures and saves high-resolution images and videos of your specimens. The microscope also comes with a professional, adjustable height stand for hands-free operation and a 4-foot USB 2.0 cable for easy maneuverability when viewing large surfaces.
Handheld Pro features
The Handheld Digital Pro Microscope is packed with features that make it ideal for hobbyists, students, and professionals alike. Let’s take a look at its top features:
- One of the key features of this microscope is its true 5MP sensor, which captures high-resolution images and videos of your specimens.
- This microscope also features a 5-element IR cut high-quality glass lens, which ensures sharper images.
- With a magnification range from 20x to 200x powers, this microscope is great for low-power observation of 3D specimens.
- The Handheld Digital Microscope Pro also comes with a professional, adjustable height stand for hands-free operation and a 4-foot USB 2.0 cable for easy maneuverability when viewing large surfaces.
Advantages of the Handheld Pro
- The Handheld Digital Pro Microscope also features an easy-to-use barrel focus wheel, which allows for one-handed use and easy focusing.
- The included stand is also adjustable and weighted, ensuring steady viewing and image taking.
- The Celestron Micro Capture Pro software that comes with the microscope is also a big advantage, allowing for capturing still images, video, and time-lapse videos.
Disadvantages of the Handheld Pro
While the Handheld Digital Pro Microscope has many advantages, there are a few downsides to consider before purchasing.
- One disadvantage is that the stand included with the microscope is not rigid enough to maintain focus when touched.
- Additionally, the plastic baseplate is overly flexible, making it difficult to get precise readings.
- Some users have also reported that the built-in lighting is inadequate and often works better with external lighting.
Magnification range of the Handheld Pro
The magnification range of the Handheld Digital Pro Microscope is from 20x to 200x powers, making it great for low-power observation of 3D specimens. However, the final magnification is determined by the size of the monitor being used.
Handheld Pro price
The Handheld Digital Pro Microscope is reasonably priced for a digital microscope of this quality. The price range varies depending on where you purchase it, but it typically ranges from $100 to $200.
The Handheld Digital Pro Microscope is a versatile and easy-to-use digital microscope that is ideal for hobbyists, students, and professionals.
With its true 5MP sensor, 5-element IR cut high-quality glass lens, and compatibility with both Mac and Windows operating systems, this microscope captures high-resolution images and videos of your specimens with ease.
Celestron Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope Review
The Celestron Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope is an excellent product for both hobbyists and professionals.
It provides high-quality images of specimens with its 5MP digital camera, while the 3.5” TFT LCD screen and rechargeable lithium-ion battery make it portable and easy to use in the field.
Let’s take a look at the various features of the Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope:
Celestron Infiniview features
The Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope has several impressive features that make it a highly functional and versatile tool for microscopy. Here are a few of the simple, ergonomic features that make the Infiniview a pleasure to use:
- Micro SD card slot: The on-board MicroSD card slot allows you to save videos and high-resolution images for upload to your Apple or Windows PC. Perfectly suited for use outdoors or away from the lab.
- Stable shutter trigger on base: To ensure the sharpest images, a shutter trigger on the base of the microscope snaps your pictures without shakiness or blur.
- Adjustable stage: The microscope stage is adjustable, which allows you to view specimens of different sizes with ease.
- High-quality lens: The 5-element IR cut glass lens ensures sharper images.
- Portability: The Infiniview is lightweight and easy to carry, making it perfect for use in the field.
Advantages of the Celestron Infiniview
There are many advantages to using the Celestron Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope. Here are a few:
- Portability: The microscope is lightweight and portable, making it easy to use in the field. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery ensures that you can use it for up to 2 hours without needing to plug it in.
- High-quality images: The 5MP digital camera captures high-quality images that can be saved to a MicroSD card or uploaded to your computer.
- Easy to use: The microscope is very user-friendly, with simple features like the shutter trigger and brightness adjustment wheel.
- Adjustable stage: The adjustable stage allows you to view specimens of different sizes, making it more versatile.
- Magnification range: The Infiniview has a magnification range of 4x to 160x using the LCD screen, and up to 200x using a computer monitor, allowing you to view specimens up close.
Disadvantages of the Celestron Infiniview
Despite its many advantages, the Celestron Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope does have a few disadvantages. Here are some of the drawbacks:
- Limited magnification: Some customers have reported that the magnification range could be improved. Although the microscope has a range of 4x to 160x, some customers have noted that it is difficult to achieve the maximum magnification on the LCD screen.
- No underlight: The microscope does not have an underlight, which could be a disadvantage for some users. If you need to test certain samples that require this type of lighting, this microscope may not be the best option.
Magnification range of the Celestron Infiniview
The Celestron Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope has a magnification range of 4x to 160x using the LCD screen, and up to 200x using a computer monitor. This magnification range is suitable for viewing traditional slides or 3D.
Celestron Infiniview price
The Celestron Infiniview LCD Digital Microscope typically sells from between $150-225
Celestron’s Infiniview is a versatile digital microscope for use in the field, classroom, or laboratory. Despite a few limitations, this device is an affordable option for viewing specimens in a variety of settings.